Hate crimes against Muslim-Americans are five-times more likely today than pre-9/11. Anti-Muslim crimes consist of 13 percent of religiously-motivated hate crimes, and 2 percent of all hate crimes in general.
Here is a list of the most recent attack against Muslim-Americans, Arab Americans, and South Asian-Americans:
- Windows of a mosque in Palm Beach were broken.
- A store owner in Queens was beaten by an assailant who yelled, “I kill Muslims.”
- A Sikh Gurdwara in California was vandalized with graffiti that said Islamic State.
- A mosque in California was set on fire.
- Somali restaurant was set-on-fire.
- Mosque in Coachella was fire-bombed.
- Mosque in Connecticut was shot at.
- Armed protesters surround mosque in Texas.
- Taxi driver, who was Muslim, shot in the back.
- Words “HUNT CAMP?” sprayed over the windows of an Islamic Center in Idado, which is a reference to the internment of Japanese-Americans.
- Store clerk of Indian ethnicity called “terrorist” and shot in the face.
Better yet, just google “hate crimes” and “Muslims” and you’ll probably find much more.